Most Popular Sports To Bet In
With sports betting rising in popularity in recent years, bettors have been presented with an increasing number of betting options in many popular sports. Some in the traditional betting shops with bookmakers taking the tickets and calculating wins, and lately many bettors have been flocking to betting sites where they can do live bets and online betting from the comfort of their homes.
Online betting has been rising in popularity simply because it’s more convenient, cheaper in many cases and can be done from home. There are billions of sports fans around the world so it’s been pretty easy for online gambling websites to rise in popularity and find their place in the world of gambling. The betting offers on display are plentiful from MMA, NHL, Ice Hockey, NFL, Horse Racing, NBA, and MLB to European football. Want to bet on Nadal in a tennis match? Simply fire up your internet browser and go to a betting site.
With such ease of access to sports, fans can bet on their favourite league teams, and national teams, and can closely follow tournaments and many different sports from the comfort of their home.
Sports betting from the comfort of your own home
Bettors need to understand a few simple steps to safely bet online. Both new and veteran gamblers need to go through the same process, and we’ll do our best to help you through the process so you can increase your chances of winning and place bets more easily. Offline betting is pretty similar, so if you’re familiar with the sports betting industry, this shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Find the right website for you. Different online sportsbooks offer different features and different types of bets to sports bettors. If you are a new sports bettor, find a website that clearly explains the rules of betting on their website.
- Create an account. To place bets you need to create an account. Usually, websites ask for basic demographic information before you can place bets for real money. You can check the odds on your favorites even before you create an account so explore a little first.
- Create a budget. You should create a betting budget before going deep into online sports betting. This budget should be made of money you are ready to lose, without affecting your quality of life.
- Make a deposit. Take a look at the payment methods your chosen website offers, and see whether it’s something you like. Cash out options is something you should also take into consideration as this allows you to withdraw your money more easily. These options likely vary between American, European, and Asian markets.
- Make a bet. This is the final and most important step. Before making a bet make sure you’re well versed in the rules and some basic strategies in online betting. This will make your life much easier and increase your chances of winning.
Most popular betting sports
So finally to the core of the topic, what are some of the most popular sports you can bet on?
- Tennis betting – Tennis is the most popular individual sporting event in the world, so there’s no wonder that this is one of the most popular sports to bet on. As a sport, tennis is being played all the time, somewhere around the globe. It’s a huge sport with many different tournaments. Tennis betting gives punters some interesting winning odds.
- Basketball – Basketball is one of the most popular sports on the planet for good reason. With many basketball leagues to choose from, as well as the NBA. Basketball is a money line sport which makes it a simple sport to bet on for new punters.
- Soccer – One of the world’s most popular sports, European football, or soccer is also one of the most bet on sports in the world, which should come as no surprise. According to reputable sources, 70% of the world’s legal and illegal betting is centred around soccer. FIFA, one of soccer’s biggest sporting events which happens every four years accounts for the biggest betting volume.
- American Football – The US’s biggest national sport also has an enormous betting volume. Even though American football is mostly played in the United States of America, still, this sport accounts for the world’s second-biggest betting volume among sports. This show just how popular the sport, football is among gamblers. Football is a point spreads sport which means that you can bet on the numerical difference in score between the competing teams.
- Horse Racing – this type of sport usually involves people going to the race track to place bets on their favourite racing horse. However, this practice is also available online due to the evolution of the sports and betting industry. To win bets in this competition you need to guess and know the many factors which affect the performance of a racing horse. The only way to increase your chances of winning is to closely follow and deeply research the sport.
- Mixed Martial Arts / MMA – even though MMA is a relatively new sport, the popularity of this sport has been rising constantly since its inception. With the rising popularity also comes the rising interest of bettors to gamble and bet on this sport. Mixed Martial Arts has a hardcore fan base, which loves the sport, so it’s no wonder that many of them would be interested in gambling their hard-earned cash.
These are just some of the sports you can bet on. Of course, if you are a fan of any other sport there is a way to bet on it. All you need to do is conduct a quick Google search and many results will pop up, or you can go to your closes offline bet shop to check what’s on offer.